BlackBerry Partners Fund™ today announced the winners of the "Adobe Flash/AIR" competition in the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. Winners of the best Adobe® AIR® app built with Adobe® Flash® technology for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet were selected on a regional basis. Apps were judged based on quality and use of development best practices, level of visual appeal, user experience, and creativity and innovation.
Below is a list of the winning apps selected by region:
· Grand Prize Winner: Papa’s Burgeria (Vendor: Flipline IDS LLC)
· First Runners-up: News Catcher (Vendor: XIMAD Inc)
· Second Runners-up: iSpeech Translator (Vendor: iSpeech.org)
· Grand Prize Winner: PaginasAmarillas (Vendor: Carvajal)
· First Runners-up: El Financiero para BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: Ironbit SA de CV)
· Second Runners-up: Bubbler! (Vendor: Juan Ignacio Albanesi)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
· Grand Prize Winner: n-tv Nachrichten PlayBook (Vendor: LINEAS Informationstechnik GmbH)
· First Runners-up: Doodle Blast (Vendor: FlexibleAIR)
· Second Runners-up: SVIT – Ebook Reader with EPUB Support (Vendor: Pronic, Meselina Ponikvar Verhovsek s.p.)
· Grand Prize Winner: Love Indonesia for BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: Love Indonesia)
· First Runners-up: StockPulse – Stock and Equity Tracker for BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd)
· Second Runners-up: Abcday (Vendor: Vostrix)
Winners will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference in San Francisco, October 18-20.